Monday 12 March 2012

Fig.56 Lucas Grogan




INFO

"Lucas Grogan is a Melbourne based artist who uses needlepoint, installation, painting and drawing to explore themes of isolation, inclusion and cultural collisions, through an autobiographical lens. Having studied at the University of Newcastle, Grogan has exhibited throughout Australia, USA and Hong Kong. His work has been collected by Newcastle Region Art Gallery, Artbank, Duetsche Bank and private collections."
(Quoted From his website).

I stumbled across Lucas Grogan on Design Files, And im so glad I did. Lucas's designs and intricate patterns are so free and contagious and playful. At the same time beautifully refined and crafted. I can see his work spreading across interiors and fashion house's like wild fire. I love his collection for Rittenhouse, I can't wait to see more of his work in the near future, Im obsessed with blue and denim, so I think that has something to do with it. Getting the bag on pay day, Go Lucas Go

No comments:

Post a Comment