Monday 1 March 2010

Fig 14 Stamp collecting




Check these lovelies out, my friend Lu gave me these stamps in Decemeber for my Birthday I have a huge obsession with Dick Bruna. His ability to draw with such simplicity while being able to evoke huge volumes of personality. I love the use of flat vibrant colour and the graphic boldness of each character. Stamps are such a beautiful canvas to apply graphics and art. And these little gems will look fantastic in a box frame mounted on my bedroom wall.


I also fell across 'British Textile Stamps'at a car boot sale one very chilly and wet Sunday morning. I used to have the same William Morris wall paper in my bedroom as a child so this set is particularly nostalgic and I was born in the same year 1982!. These are all British textile designers from July 1982 I love the vibrancy and how different they all are yet they look good sat side by side, I would love a summer dress made out of the Paul Nash - Cherry Orchard print.

1 comment:

  1. Love those Dick Bruna stamps! I'm a huge Bruna fan as well. :)

    I used to collect stamps back in the day, but haven't touched them for ages (except when mailing letters), visiting your blog definitely reminded me how pretty stamps can be!

    ReplyDelete