Tuesday 30 March 2010

Fig 16 Quilt Trip



During my time in San Francisco (The city) I dipped in and out of many thrift stores, my favorite lined the streets of Mission, but the one in which we got the most bargains and spent the most time deliberating on how much we could take back to England was "Thrift Town" which was on the Corner of 17th street & Mission.

My biggest and most beautiful purchase of all and the envy of many is a vintage quilt hand sewn using the Californian colour palette of spring. It's huge and cuddly and will be used on many September evenings around a BBQ on a beach or lounged over a whicker bench on the balcony of my one day beach house.

If you are inspired by this post, then you will most probably love this Exbition at the V&A "Quilts 1700 - 2010" March 20th - July 4th.
http://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/future_exhibs/Quilts/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment