Sunday 5 December 2010

Fig 30 My Favorite Birthday Book




For my Birthday I asked / hinted to my folks that I would love Orla Kiely's book Pattern, and here I have the very heavy book in hand, I have always loved her work, the bold use of colour and shape - it has nostalgia without being stuffy and overly fussy (Kath Kidson). It's modern but with a 1950's twist its girly and feminine with a sophisticated edge. I love the look books they are always so clean and graphic with hints of colour and detail echoing the colour palette within the textiles.
" The World of Orla Kiely is one where pattern reigns. Immediately recognisable, her unique design language and sure sense of graphic control has seen her label become a hugely successful brand in the decade since its launch. From her early signature bags, the collection has grown to include a complete womenswear line, accessories, travel and homeware, sold in shops and outlets worldwide."

Pattern Orla Kiely Published in 2010 by Conran Octopus Ltd
http://www.orlakiely.com/uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment