Tuesday 21 December 2010

Fig 33 Lacoste & Musee de I'Elysee




Di Liu is the winner for Lacoste Photography competition with Musee de I'Elysee, His / Her work is about the conflicting relationships between nature and human society, which is created by the phenomenal rate of Chinese urban development.
I was struck firstly by the size of the animals and secondly by the sadness which elevated from these beautiful creatures, their postures, their softness & genteel qualities. These images pulled me in, and made me realize we are pushing such beauty and nature out of our urban spaces and city's for what? For more high rise buildings, flat's... more greed... more anger... What a shame I would way prefer to live in a world of beauty and gentle giants then greedy money thirsty people.

To read more about the competition take a look at the link below
http://www.lacoste.com/l1212/#/elysee/photographers/di-liu

No comments:

Post a Comment